Posted on April 9, 2012 in Windows Category
In this tutorial you will learn how to turn your laptop into a wireless router and give internet access to your mobile phone or another laptop, using Windows 7.
First of all you need to be connected to internet and to have a Wireless Card on your laptop in order to send internet through wireless to another devices.
1. Go to Search from Start Menu and type:
2. Make sure you have Wireless Enabled.
3. Select "Set up a new connection or network":
4. Scroll down and choose "Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network":
5. Hit "Next".
6. Next give a name to your Wireless Network, set the security type and type a password.
This will work exactly like a Wireless Router. You will have to find this network with the other device or laptop and type the password.
If you need to save the network for later use, check "Save this network".
7. Next a window will appear with all details you needed and you are ready to connect.
Use the right network icon from the system tray to check your active connection
Now you can connect with another device to your newly created connection.
To remove the connection, simply right click on it, and hit Disconnect and delete it from Network and Sharing Center - Manage Wireless Networks.